Saturday, December 15, 2012

The White Stripes for Christmas 2012

Whoa, this blog has been collecting dust these past few months!  I have been focusing on my running blog lately because it is just too time consuming to keep up with two blogs.  That is not to say that I have not been excited about all the things Jack has been doing.  The Blunderbuss tour was one of the highlights of my year.  I am waiting for Jack to make a Dallas or Fort Worth stop on the tour so that I finally can have something to write about. Please, Jack? 

Christmas is not Christmas without the White Stripes, and any time I see a peppermint swirl, I see Jack and Meg.  I've quoted my husband on this many times before, but he likes to remind me that Jack White does not hold the patent on all peppermint swirls.  I can't see them without seeing the White Stripes. 

The last couple years I made White Stripes cookies.



This year, I burnt the cookies before I had the chance to decorate them.  :(  We decided to do White Stripes cupcakes instead.  I can't take any of the credit, except they were made in my kitchen.  My friend Cathy did all the work.


Last year, I made these cute Jack and Meg felt Christmas Ornaments.  I usually don't have the patience (or ability) for this type of craft project, but the pure love of the subject matter pushed me through it. You can read the blog post about how I made these cuties here.


A couple of years ago I glued a wrapping paper swirl onto the front of a Target red drum ornament.  It has been on our tree for years.


This year, in light of the cookie disaster, I felt I needed a new White Stripes craft project, so I decided on a stocking.  My crafting skills have a lot to be desired, but I love it anyway.


Some might call it obsession, I call it love.  Merry Christmas everyone! 


Lea

1 comment:

  1. I love it Lea and I bet those cupcakes were delicious too! :D

    - Vel xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...