Sunday, March 4, 2012

Jack on SNL

Did you guys watch Jack on SNL last night? It is very rare that I stay up late enough to watch all of Saturday Night Live (wow, I sound old), but last night I made an exception because my Jack was performing two songs from his upcoming solo album. I suffered through unfunny Lindsay Lohan sketches to get to the good stuff. In all the years that I have watched SNL, I have never noticed an actor reading the teleprompter, until Lindsay last night. But this isn't about her, Its all about Jack.



The first song was the first single, Love Interuption, from his upcoming solo album performed with Ruby Amanfu and an all female backing band. I just found out the name of the that drummer. She is Autolux drummer Carla Azar. I like her, although its kind of weird seeing Jack perform with a female drummer who is not Meg. Regardless, the whole thing was just lovely.



I stayed up past my bedtime to catch the second song of the night and it was well worth it. It was the first time I heard the new song, Sixteen Saltines, this time with an all male backing band. This is the kind of stuff I was really hoping for the new album. Jack doing what Jack does best. Excuse me while I go eat 16 saltines in celebration of the new album.



I'm pretty excited about this new album, I really like what I am hearing so far. In my eyes, Jack can pretty much do no wrong. Well, except for that whole Insane Clown Posse thing. That was wrong.

I am anxiously waiting for Jack to announce more tour dates near Texas. Maybe an appearance at Southby? Or the Granada? Or House of Blues? Bring it Jack, your fans are waiting.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Lea, well done! I dreamed of JW like a goofy schoolgirl last night, and woke up to find his music very much on my mind! There's so much to admire about him, and it's so exciting to catch a glimpse of him onscreen or through his music'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tickets now on sale:

    http://www.vividseats.com/Search.action?keyword=jack+white

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...